Peace of Mind
Peace of Mind At The Haven at Shorrock Gardens in Brick – Ocean County, NJ, residents with Alzheimer’s, memory loss, or related dementias receive high-quality professional attention in a secure, nurturing environment.
The unique triangular footprint of the building is literally designed around our Alzheimer residents’ needs. With its open floor plan and wide promenade, The Haven allows residents freedom of movement, encouraging their sense of independence, without fear of getting lost due to memory impairment.
This state-of-the-art residence of 30 apartments provides privacy as well as accessibility to common areas offering rewarding activities that aid memory, stimulate mental alertness and build confidence.
The Haven at Shorrock Gardens is packed with features that have been specifically designed with the memory impaired resident in mind. Years of planning have yielded a residence that is unparalleled in the marketplace.
Listed below are just some of the reasons why The Haven at Shorrock Gardens is so well-respected:Central common area:
- Large, bright country kitchen with a long sit-down counter. Residents can pull up a chair and savor the remembered smells of their favorite foods on the stove - memory loss does not impair this sense!
- Living room – comfortable lounge area with small grouping of furniture and an entertainment center for getting together with other residents as well as family and friends;
- Folding warm towels;
- Roll-top desk with typewriter;
- Ironing (under supervision);
- Baby changing with doll;
- Baking bread (with supervision).
- Kitchenette – sink, refrigerator;
- Bathroom – vanity, sit-down shower;
- Entrance with memory aids to serve as an “address”;
- Garden-style apartment.
- Experienced professionals;
- 24-hour supervision;
- Individual programming resource center used for resident programs, family support groups and planning sessions;
- Specialized staff training in caring for residents with Alzheimer's, dementia, and other memory-related disorders.
For more information, call us at (732) 451-1000.